Empty / blank Android widgets

Astiga widgets used to work perfectly on Android but recently I noticed they appear as blank frames (all three sizes). See the screenshot below:

I'm using the latest version of Astiga (1.5.4) running on Android 10 on a OnePlus 7 (GM1903). The app works perfectly other than this so not a major problem, just wanted to report.

Comments

• KoenKoen Member, Former

Will look into it. Have not seen that before myself (on Android 10). Though just to be sure, does it still happen when the cache of the launcher is cleared (so not of Astiga, but of the OnePlus Launcher (or other launcher you use))? Because I remember reading about a bug in the OnePlus launcher a couple of days ago, although I am not sure whether that's the cause or something within the Astiga app.

• CodeMacabreCodeMacabre Member
    edited August 2020

Ah, that resolved it! I wasn't aware you could clear the launcher's cache. Because the launcher's running when the cache is cleared it also required a device restart but those two actions together resolved the issue so I'd say it's a bug on the OnePlus side.

Thanks Koen! 😊

Edit: the bug reappeared almost immediately after clearing the launcher cache and restarting the phone. I still believe this is a OnePlus bug, but it renders the Astiga widget unusable. The rest of the app is still perfect though.

Post edited by CodeMacabre on