Automatically playing next song

I am having an issue where Astiga will not advance to the next song.

Basically I have to click the next button then the play button to keep the music going from one song to the next.

I've tried disabling and enabling gapless playback on the "Playback" and "Casting" tabs inside the Android app.

I am using a Google Pixel 3 with the newest Android 11 beta. I do not have this issue with Amazon Music or Google Play Music or any other music service.

My Huawei Mediapad M5 8.4 does not have this issue using Astiga.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Comments

• KoenKoen Member, Former

Is this when the app is in the background? If so, can you check whether your it happens when battery optimisation for Astiga is turned off? Your phone tries to detect which apps it can kill to save resources, and some phones are a bit too eager.

• I did try leaving the app in the foreground and kept the screen alive by touching it until next song.

The Astiga android app would not advance to the next song without hitting next then play.

Using Google drive cloud BTW

• I have the same issue. Do you have any issues with caching as well? I seem to be unable to cache in addition to being unable to have continuous playback. I reinstalled the app, checked permissions, etc. I'm on Android 11 with Pixel 4.

• KoenKoen Member, Former
    edited October 2020

@Sauceybanana @ads1981csm Can you take part in the Astiga beta programme? I just uploaded a new beta version (1.5.6) that should fix support for Android 11. It is currently being reviewed, so I expect it to be available ~12 hours from now. You will get a regular update notification in the Google Play Store app when the update is there (1.5.6, it mentions Android 11 in the release notes; it is not yet fixed in 1.5.5).

You can do so via the link above, or in the Google Play Store app:

Please let me know if that version fixes your issues.

• Koen,

Will do.

Thx

• sc68calsc68cal Member
    edited October 2020

I was having this issue on my Pixel 3 with Android 11.

Joined the Beta, solves the issue! Thanks!!!!

• Koen,

Working great now.

Songs auto advance now as they should.

I had some intermittent issues seeking through songs before the update too. This update fixes that issue too.

Thanks!