Lifetime?

On the "Premium" page I see "* Lifetime subscriptions are valid for the lifetime of Astiga", but this option doesn't seem to be available. Is this planned at some point. just not available now?

Comments

• KoenKoen Member, Former

Correct, lifetime was available for some time, and it will be back in the future, but I am still working out exactly how.

The main reason is that Astiga does not really work standalone - if Astiga's servers go offline for some reason, you are left with basically nothing. Now, I have no intention of that happening, but I dislike making promises I cannot keep, which is why I try to refrain from using words like "forever" and "unlimited". So for lifetime, I am trying to come up with something that will last even if Astiga goes down for good some day (which again, I do not intend to happen any time soon, but it would be foolish to assume that Astiga will last until the end of time, especially looking at the velocity internet companies join the scene, and then become obsolete (maybe you remember MySpace, which lasted only ~5 years)). What that is, well, that I am not sure of yet.

• I appreciate the care you put into this. For me, I understand lifetime to be that of the service, not yours or mine; knowing the pricing, I'd have to see whether I can get sufficient confidence the service will last long enough to make it worthwhile.

I am, as others, a recent GPM/YTM refugee. I'm looking for something that makes it possible to play my own MP3s through my Google Home's. $24/year isn't too expensive, I'm mainly curious.