Heads-up: Enabling analytics on asti.ga

gravelldgravelld Administrator

From talking to a number of you over the past couple of months, one recurring theme is privacy. Many of you like the fact that Astiga is not just another big-tech privacy-stealing, data-logging, advert-selling firm. We don't make money by harvesting your data. We have a service, and we charge for it.

That's how our business is going to continue to run.

However, to best understand how people are using Astiga in the aggregate and to measure our progress, it can be useful to collect our own data about how you use the service. For example, I'd really like to be able to see a basic count of how many people visit the website, and how many people sign up. And then how many people become paying customers. I'd really like to see which features are most used. None of this data would be re-sold, and none of it needs to identify the users either. It's simply for our own use, to measure our progress and understand how the product is used.

That's why I'm intending to introduce a privacy focused, cookie-free and totally anonymized analytics solution. The solution I've found is Plausible. As you can see on their website, they lead with:

Plausible is a lightweight and open-source website analytics tool. No cookies and fully compliant with GDPR, CCPA and PECR. Made and hosted in the EU

... so I know they take privacy seriously.

I'm intending to start monitoring in the coming days/weeks.

I'd love your feedback if this is an issue for you, to see if we can find a solution.