Lag issues

I don't know if this is a bug per se, but in the past couple weeks I've been having really severe lag issues with Astiga. I'd say half the time it plays fine, but then half the time it just lags every few seconds, rendering the music basically unlistenable. I've been using Astiga for about a year and half now with no issues like this before. Is anybody else experiencing this?

I don't think it's my internet connection because I've noticed it in multiple locations (even different countries), and I'd be surprised if it's my machine because I'm not having any issues with any other streaming sites and haven't made any real changes recently either. Sorry this is vague but if it continues it's pretty much a dealbreaker :(

Comments

• I'm not having a problem in that way. It can be your music hosting platform sometimes. For example, a couple of weeks ago Pcloud had an issue for its users, but that is now solved.

• gravelldgravelld Administrator

@tongnamu Thanks for the report. Separately, in our monitoring, we are seeing higher memory use in the past few weeks. I think this might be related. I think the easiest fix may be to add RAM to our servers, and I'll have to look into a way of doing that asap.

• I've been having this lag issue again the past couple of days. It will play for a few seconds at a time, and then buffer for like 10 seconds, and repeat, rendering music pretty much unlistenable. Any ideas what is going on? I'm not noticing any lag issues with anything else I'm using. I restarted my browser (Firefox) but that didn't fix it, either.

Another accompanying recent bug is that after I switch albums, even though it begins to play the new album (albeit with intense lag) it still shows the old album as the currently playing track: notice the album playing on the right panel versus what it shows as playing on the bottom left.

Thanks!

Over the weekend I also did notice a slightly lag, although music was always playable and I was using the app. Is this always with the Web player?

Do you know how to enable the Developer Console? It's normally Ctrl+Shift+I . Are there any errors appearing there?

• Yes, this is only with the web player (that's all I use, so I can't compare with the app).

So all of today it was fine until just a few minutes ago I just got a little bit of lag and I do see this five of this error in the console:

Source map error: Error: request failed with status 404 Resource URL: https://play.asti.ga/js/aurora/aurora.js Source Map URL: aurora.js.map

I then tried switching to another album, and I briefly got the failure-to-update-album-in-lower-left bug, and this error appeared:

downloadable font: Glyph bbox was incorrect (glyph ids 1 3 4 5 6 7 9 12 22 24 25 29 30 33 34 35 36 37 39 40 44 45 51 52 54 56 58 59 60 73 85 94 95 109 112 123 132 133 137 147 155 165 175 178 187 197) (font-family: "Font Awesome 6 Free" style:normal weight:400 stretch:100 src index:0) source: https://play.asti.ga/css/Social/vendor/font-awesome/webfonts/fa-regular-400.woff2

That bug resolved, but now I'm getting more lag (not as bad as the other day though), but no further errors.

The "Source map error" isn't a problem - it's a way of helping the browser show the source code, but if it's not provided nothing should break.

The "Glyph bbox was incorrect" error relates to the font we use for some icons. Again, it's not a serious error that should affect anything. See https://github.com/FortAwesome/Font-Awesome/issues/19925

So there's nothing there that suggests a traceable problem.

Would you be open to some screensharing? Please get in touch via info@asti.ga and we can arrange that.