"Auto created by DSub" in Bookmarks

tdvtdv Member

Hi,

It seems that there is continuously being auto-created random bookmarks with the comment "Auto created by DSub". It seems unintended as I don't understand where they are coming from or what is triggering the bookmarks.

Best Regards

Comments

• gravelldgravelld Administrator

I think this bookmark marks your place in an audiobook, podcast or other music file over 10mins. If you restart playing, it restarts from that position.

Other than being confusing - is that a big issue?

• tdvtdv Member

The issue is that bookmarks are the only way I've found where I can make a note about tracks (either that I should add/remove them from a playlist in iTunes, give them 5 stars, or maybe change some meta-data). This is since there isn't an option to see a list of "starred" tracks or what tracks have been given a thumbs up or down.

The only issue is that I have to delete the auto generated bookmarks. Not a huge bug by any means, but thought I'd highlight it regardless.

• buppibuppi Member
    edited January 2023

Is it possible to make this feature optional? I don't use astiga for podcasts or audiobooks but I listen to lots of longform ambient music, and now I have a bunch of automatically created bookmarks in the middle of songs I've paused with little bookmark icons all over albums I listen to.

Not a big issue at all but it makes my brain a lil itchy. We've got such granularity around feature enablement elsewhere in the app, it would be nice to maintain that precedent for features like this that not everyone needs.

Nice idea. And maybe it could be dependent on the genre of the music (although there's always a chance of guessing incorrectly of course).

I could probably remove the bookmarks for you if you like?

• tdvtdv Member

At least giving the option of removing the auto-generated bookmarks would be a big benefit so that bookmarks were more usable.

👍