Metadata Editor not working on PC

Hi. I'm trying to use the metadata editor on PC (under library management -> Edit metadata) to change the metadata on the tracks in my storage (e.g. album, song title, etc.). However when I make the change for a song and then click "Save changes," the track's metadata instantly reverts back to what it was previously. Somehow I got it to change once, but I haven't gotten it to work again. What can I do to fix this?



  • gravelldgravelld Administrator

    Can you confirm which file you are changing (I realise it might be multiple files, but just so I have a reference I know I can test). Feel free to send via email to if you'd rather.

  • One file I'm trying to change for example is located at "/Music/JustMusic/Skee Mask - ITLP09 - Pool/Skee Mask - ITLP09 - Pool 02 Stone Cold 369.flac". I am unable to change any metadata for this file through Astiga.

  • gravelldgravelld Administrator

    I just tried, and it appeared to work for me. I was only trying to change genre. After changing it, I could see the change in the genre list.

    Can you try again, and note down the time you tried and let me know so I can check the log files? Reviewing them for the past few days, there are no recorded failures when clicking "save". Something more subtle is occurring!

    Can you also check the "Library" to see if the changes have been made, even if they don't show in the metadata editor?

  • Hi, yes, I just tried to change the file again, at 11:17. I tried to change the album title from "Pool" to "ITLP09 - Pool" and it performed the same behavior I wrote above.

    I tried checking to see if the changes had been made through the player, and it was really odd - the first time I clicked on the track after saving, it showed the new album title, "ITLP09 - Pool", but every time thereafter, it showed "Pool" instead. I thought it might've been a browser cache issue, so I tried clearing my cache, but that didn't fix it.

  • gravelldgravelld Administrator

    I can't see any errors (what timezone are you? I checked all of the US ones and GMT too) and I can see all of the tracks now have the album title "ITLP09 - Pool" except for track 2. Any reason that might be different?

    If you know how to do it, have the developer console open while you try this. If you could save what you do as a "HAR" file and send it to me (via info@) that might shed some light.

    I've sent you a separate email about screensharing which might make things easier.

  • I'm in the EST timezone. The reason why only track 2 has the album title "Pool," and the rest have "ITLP09 - Pool" is that the first time I used the metadata editor, I changed track 2' album name from "ITLP09 - Pool" to "Pool" with no issues, but I was unable to make any changes to that track's metadata or any other track's metadata after that.

    I'm not sure how to save my actions as a HAR file - I scheduled a screensharing appointment on the 16th, so we can work it out then.

  • gravelldgravelld Administrator

    Cool, speak then.

  • I'm also having some oddities. When changing meta data, previous changes are not shown in the editor making me have to ensure I write those again or they'll be reverted. A bit annoying when I need to change some stuff album wide and then per track, as before I could just select all tracks, change album-based changes, and then select the separate tracks and only make those changes. But now since it always shows the metadata as gotten from the tracks, doing this would cause the album-wide changes to be removed so I need to change everything per track, which means doing the same change many times.

  • gravelldgravelld Administrator

    This does sound like caching. Actually, a similar issue to the login one you've mentioned. We're looking at that right now - it might be that a recent change is applying blanket cache parameters to data sent back from Astiga.

  • gravelldgravelld Administrator

    Just to follow up our screen sharing session: I could see the files were being updated correctly in the database. We used Firefox developer tools -> Network tab to show the information displayed in the tag editing view was "Cached". When we disabled the cache in the developer tools, it worked correctly.

    So we have made a change to cache more intelligently and we'll upload it in the next build, hopefully Tuesday next week. Thanks for reporting!

  • gravelldgravelld Administrator

    This should be fixed in the new release:

  • Hey - just tried changing metadata and it seems to work as intended now! Thank you for the help!

  • gravelldgravelld Administrator

    Sweet! 🤘

Sign In or Register to comment.