podcasts issues

CambionnCambionn Member

Since a few weeks I've added a podcast to Astiga. However, new podcasts don't show up until I re-add the link again. Which means I need to do so every week.

Furthermore, the podcast seems to crash every now and then, and when that happens it doesn't save the timestamp and the time shown is 0:00 so I have to go skip trough and see where I was. It happens at least once every podcast, sometimes multiple times.

Comments

• gravelldgravelld Administrator

Ok - replicated the podcasts issue. I've created a ticket.

Can you explain what you mean by crash? Just stop playing? Is this in the app or the web app? Can you give an example of a podcast and episode? (Send by email if you like).

• In the Android app. It just stops indeed. When it happens, when I open the app the timer also just says 00:00 and it hasn't saved where I was. It won't continue playing until you restart the whole podcast, which starts it back at the beginning.

It's on the Tweakers.net podcast, but the link is only for paid subscribers and only protected by the goodwill of people not sharing it to third parties so I rather not share it 😬.

Thanks - I'll look into it.

Sorry to ask more questions, I can't find anything in the logs related to the stopping-playback...

Is it only one podcast episode that's showing this problem? Have you tried others, or other podcast episodes from other podcasts?

• All episodes have the problem. I don't follow more podcasts, so I don't know if the issue is specific. Before this one, I never even listened to a podcast before 😅. It generally happens somewhere between 20~30 minutes. I had some this morning again at about 27 minutes in.

The podcast is from a famous (in my country) tweakers/tech website. If the stream would have issues, I would've expected someone to mention that by now as that is generally the kind of crowd that will do so and there are over 270 episodes currently.

Yeah, for sure. Also suspicious that it occurs after the same time period...

Since a few weeks I've added a podcast to Astiga. However, new podcasts don't show up until I re-add the link again. Which means I need to do so every week.

This is fixed in tomorrow's build. There was a problem running the periodic updater script.

@Cambionn 👆️ Sorry, forgot to add you for notification.

• Last week it seemed to go well, but this week I had to add it manually again.

I also just notice something. Podcasts from the webbrowser scrobbles podcasts to Last.FM, which isn't very handy. Podcasts don't scrobble from the Android app (which I would consider the proper way).

Thanks for reporting - I've seen a new issue which appears to have come from a specific podcast having unexpected metadata. I want to look into this more deeply to see the data being replied.

One thing we didn't do last time was look into problem reports when podcast updating fails. We'll do that now so we can be more proactive.

I think either the Web app or the Android app should scrobble. Is the issue there that a podcast shouldn't scrobble, only recorded music?

• Is the issue there that a podcast shouldn't scrobble, only recorded music?

Yes, it is. Altrough I see that while the Podcast was listed as scrobbling now, it doesn't seem to be added to my scrobbles. Not sure if that's because of Astiga or because Last.FM rejected the scrobble.

Ok, thanks. I'll add that as a ticket.

We've rolled out the fix for the podcast updating stopping in this release: https://community.asti.ga/discussion/comment/2745/#Comment_2745

I'll check how it's doing tomorrow...

Looks like standard podcast updating is working. We've upped the logging levels to try and catch any issues that arise, and a few things have come up, so I'll look into them. Please let me know if you find your podcasts aren't updating.