App v1.5.16 (beta track) crashing

CoyleyCoyley Member
edited June 2023 in Astiga app

I updated automatically to beta v1.5.16 tonight which seems to crash if I go into many areas such as Recently Added. Thanks.

Post edited by gravelld on

Comments

• gravelldgravelld Administrator

Thanks - can you tell me which areas and what version of Android you are on?

To update everyone about the status of the app...

We had to update the app to target more recent Android versions (although all the old versions are still supported). Google made this a condition of inclusion in the Play Store so we had to do it... It's possible the updates, which included updating code we are dependent on, has caused these issues.

• CoyleyCoyley Member

Thanks, it is crashing in many aspects of the Android App - if I go into Recently added albums, Random, Starred albums, Recently added artists as examples.

Genres still works to show the list but then crashes when I pick a genre

Songs - recently added, recently played, most played work and will load a song from the list shown and play

Shuffle on the front screen top right still works

Playlists crashes

So it is possible to get songs to play via Shuffle or songs - but not Albums or Artists.

Everything is working on old versions of Astiga and Windows

I have cleared the cache in the app and re-synced the library overnight.

Thanks

Mark

• CoyleyCoyley Member

It is the beta published at Google Playstore on 14th June 2023, v1.5.16

The Whats New says 'Exported the activity that implements android.media.action.MEDIA_PLAY_FROM_SEARCH'

Which version of Android, not the app 😆

• CoyleyCoyley Member

Gotcha. It is Android version 12 V500N40d

• CoyleyCoyley Member

Also checked on another device, same issue in Android 13, UI5.1

🙏🏻

I can see the problems in our developer console - I've not worked out the cause yet. Will investigate deeper tomorrow.

• CoyleyCoyley Member

Thanks, that's appreciated.

• In my phone, app works well. Also on Android auto.

@Coyley I think I found the cause, and I've issued a change to the alpha testing track. I've also added you to the track. This might take a few days to be enabled, and it might not fix the cause, so please bear with me!

Do you have large album art enabled? I'd be interested to hear if disabling that fixes the issue.

• CoyleyCoyley Member

Thanks for the work. I do have large album art enabled.

Upon turning it off, that makes Astiga work again on both devices with the latest beta that were not before. Ace!

edited June 2023

It looks like the problem is that, when large album art is enabled, the app tries to load an image from inside its packaging.

When we made the recent changes we had to update the dependencies we use. This pushed us over a limit in code size which meant we had to start using something called "multidex" to split the resources across multiple archives.

I think the trouble is (was) that I hadn't fully declared our app as being an multidex app, and that meant it was failing to find some resources (such as images) from all of its archives.

I've changed that for this new alpha release. It's still not approved. I think when it is you (only) @Coyley should just see an offer to update to it - it's version 1.5.17. Once you do update, please re-enable large album art and let me know if it breaks.

@Coyley That should be available now - interestingly I couldn't update to it, I had to uninstall then re-install. But then I was on 1.5.17.

• CoyleyCoyley Member

Thanks, I'll go do it now.

@Coyley Any luck?

• CoyleyCoyley Member

So far I haven't been able to access that new update to Astiga in Google store.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled which doesn't seem to be putting the new version on.

I'll try again.

Thanks

Mark

I've sent you an email, it might be you need to opt in explicitly.

• CoyleyCoyley Member

Ah will go look,thanks