Synchronization has not worked for several weeks

Hi,

Synchronization has not worked for several weeks. If I run a sync it works fine but it doesn't affect the result in the player.

On the other hand, I would like to store my files on a host other than Google Drive but I don't see anywhere on the Astiga site or on the readers [Android or Windows] where to indicate this change. Maybe it's my eyes, but I've seen this option several times in the past.

Also this minor issue still persists -> "Recently Played" list refresh. Strange behaviour

https://community.asti.ga/discussion/534/recently-played-list-refresh-strange-behaviour

Thank you

Comments

• Auto synchro works fine for me with Pcloud.

To change a web drive, you can add or delete on the profile/settings. Top right corner on the website.

• To store my files, for the moment I prefer to stay on a monthly subscription.

Indeed, it was my eyes 😁. Thank you for this indication!

• 👍️

• gravelldgravelld Administrator

Thanks both - @pauls can you let me know if sync continues to not work? It's not clear if this is still an issue for you.

• paulspauls Member
    edited September 2023

Synchronization still does not work. This morning before my first message I moved a folder and the modification is still not taken into account.

To test I immediately move a folder out of my tree structure but I suspect that it will not be taken into account. The album concerned will still be visible although its directory will no longer be there..

I also just added an album

Post edited by pauls on

Ok, I'll try to check tomorrow, sorry for the wait. In the meantime, could you send me, via email to info@asti.ga , the names of the folders and albums concerned?

• No problem. I will send you the email shortly during the day!

edited September 2023

To wrap this up...

Some of the entries in this library were prefixed with a different "initial folder". These weren't wiped during the sync process because the initial folder there was different, and the comparison didn't include the old albums. The workaround was to use the Remove a folder page to remove those songs.

The other main issue was that changes to the album name for a particular album weren't showing after sync. These were FLAC files, but while the Vorbis Comment tags were updated, some legacy ID3 tags inside the files weren't. Our old code preferred ID3 tags for all music files, but I've now changed this so FLAC and OGGs prefer Vorbis Comments if they exist.

• Hi,

Indeed by removing with Mp3Tag (Cut and Past Ctrl+X -> Ctrl+V) the Id3 tags the quadruple album is well recognized as such by Astiga.

I started a synchronization last night which is not yet complete. I will then confirm if everything is back to normal.

Thank you!

• Despite some minor bugs it works again. Astiga remains a superb, indispensable application for me!

Thanks Paul 🙂