Playlists repeatedly clearing

IguanapawsIguanapaws Member
edited September 2023 in Bugs

I started today with a playlist! Then I edited it (via web interface) and it cleared two or three times while doing so - I think I had to recreate it from scratch three times in the end. Finally it was done. Tonight I try to play it, and it's cleared again.

Also, it turns out you can't reorganise the order of songs in a playlist in the Android app - this keeps resetting too.

Getting a bit frustrated to be honest.

Comments

• gravelldgravelld Administrator

To be clear, are you talking about playlists under https://play.asti.ga/playlist/ or the play queue?

When you say it "cleared" what do you mean?

Can you give me the exact sequence of buttons you clicked/things you did?

• Sorry for the late reply. It's playlists, not the play queue. All I did was go to the web interface, start adding some to an existing playlist and suddenly all the songs disappeared from it. This happened several times. I can't tell you the exact button presses, but it was as simple as searching for a song, selecting it and choosing 'add to playlist'. The final time, I am convinced that the playlist was correctly set up via the web interface. I closed the tab, then when I went to use the app later, again all songs had disappeared from the playlist. This was confirmed when I went back onto the web interface.

I'm really struggling to reproduce this. Here's what I've done:

1. Create a playlist by adding songs to the play queue, then saving it. I call it, say, test.
    2. Searched for a song.
    3. Clicked the song tab, then "+" next to a song. Then I click the checkbox next to test. In the bottom right I see Saved successfully.
    4. Click Playlists then click test.
    5. I can see the added track at the bottom (and all the previous songs are still there).

Is that what you were doing?

• I don't think I was doing anything with the play queue, just selecting songs after searching for them.

Step 1 was just there to create a playlist in the first place. Is there a playlist in your list than you can remember this happening with? I could try replicating that, then testing.

Looks like it was an issue with re-ordering. As per https://community.asti.ga/discussion/comment/2878/#Comment_2878 I believe this is fixed now, but if you continue to experience it let me know.