Genre button on artist/band pages not working correctly.

Whenever clicking on the genre on the artist and band pages, I just get a white screen and music stops instead of it going to the genre page. It's about this button:

Comments

• gravelldgravelld Administrator

That's odd - works for me. Can you give me the URL you're seeing this on?

• https://play.asti.ga/genre/Kpop

I've been having some trouble with this page on other places too. Today I couldn't reach it from the genre page, but I could from an artist page instead. However, trough another artist page it didn't work again.

The Kpop genre page is by far the page with most entries, so perhaps that has to do with anything?

Maybe it is related to the size. I just tried going from that artist to the genre, and then the band to the genre, and it works ok for me, but the initial load is a bit sluggish.

The odd bit is the white screen. If the link has the class "nav-link" it shouldn't do that.

Have you tried a hard refresh? Could you open developer console and look for any issues?

• CambionnCambionn Member
    edited November 2023

It just happened again. Again while going to the Kpop page, so I'm guessing it's something to do with it somehow.

Yes - I can see it. It's memory pressure. We need to paginate I think.

• Is there any update on this? I haven't been able to access the Kpop genre page for quite a while now. It's a bit bothersome that I can't just browse the whole genre.

No, sorry. It's planned for fixing in this milestone.

We've made some changes in this build - is it any better? https://community.asti.ga/discussion/comment/3091/#Comment_3091

• CambionnCambionn Member
    edited January 12

I just read it on Mastodon! I will check tomorrow and let you know!

Post edited by Cambionn on
  • Sorry it turned out 2 days, but it seems to work. I can access the page again in browser :D .

Thanks!

Good to know - there are a few more similar issues in this area so we'll work on those next.