Astiga database errors | sync and edit metadata broken

CambionnCambionn Member
edited November 2023 in Bugs

I noticed today that trying to edit metadata doesn't work. When I try to do so, it loads a long time but upon refresh it doesn't actually save anything.

Having got 4 new CDs in, I figured I'll edit the metadata manually in my files while behind my PC to rip and upload the new files. However, this seems troublesome too. For every file I see an entry like this:

2023-11-22T17:54:07 FAILED /remote.php/dav/files/cambionn/Astiga/Metal/Symphonic Metal/Epica/2003 - The Phantom Agony/03. Cry For The Moon _The Embrace That Smothers - Part IV_.flac

2023-11-22T17:54:07 ERROR Could not write to the database

It seems there are some serious issues when making any changes to Astiga's database, making it impossible to add or alter entries. Deleting seems to work fine (at least I see no errors). This seems rather mayor in my eyes, so while I know ypu have quite a backlog I do hope this has sone priority 🙃.

Comments

• gravelldgravelld Administrator

Can you try again now?

We've been doing a lot of database cleanup and things have been running slowly - it's possible the queries or updates were not completed.

• It seems fine now, the logs look normal at least and the tracks seem synchronised. I'll listen to the tracks tomorrow.

Thanks for the update, let us know...

• It seems all good now, including meta data editor!

👍️

• Hey - I've noticed that I have this error today too. If I try and any new tracks/albums I see this message in the logs:

2023-11-24T14:46:00 ERROR  Could not write to the database

(not sure if it makes a difference to tracing, but I'm syncing from google drive)

Thanks - we're still running the maintenance scripts. I'm trying to keep it as minimal as possible, but it seems that's difficult.

I'll stop now, and investigate an alternative.

• My sync stopped working again. Last sync finished at 2023-11-28 at 14:12. I uploaded some new music early this evening. Trying to sync opens the sync webpage like usual without any errors or warnings, but it keeps showing that log from the sync that finished 14:12 instead of running a new sync.

Sorry - we made some improvements to logging yesterday but there was a problem in the script. Should be working now and for your next sync, let me know if not.

• Thank you! It seems to run again indeed.

👍️

• Persistent database failures are occurring on Astiga, making it unable to use the sync and metadata editing features. annoying and impeding the user's experience. Fast action is required to ensure smooth music control. 👑

• Hi @Hazel78 - I can't see any syncing logs for your account. Where are you seeing the errors, and what can you see? Can you copy/paste the errors, or send a screenshot?