Wrong album shown when different artists have albums with the same name

CambionnCambionn Member
edited January 12 in Bugs

Seems that with build 20240110, a new bug is introduced where the wrong album is listed on artist and band pages in cases where a different artist has an album with the same name. For example, on the page of Purple Kiss, instead of listing Purple Kiss's Hide & Seek album, it shows the single with the same name by Tomomi Itano.

Funny enough, it is listed in the correct order for the Purple Kiss album. The Tomomi Itano album is older than Purple Kiss's Into Violet. So it seems like there is only a half-mixup?

Comments

• gravelldgravelld Administrator

Thanks for reporting. There was some work done in this area, so probably a new bug has been introduced. We'll create a test case to make sure it doesn't happen again, and fix it.

• I just noticed it's also working on genre pages. It seems the only way I can find the correct albums in the webapp now is by manually searching for them.

It seems the only way I can find the correct albums

Erm, you're referring to albums with the same name from different artists as outlined above, not all albums, right?

• The album's that are replaced with those with the same name from different artist. I can only find those by searching within the searchbar, as they are replaced everywhere else.

Thanks 👍️

• Hey! Any update on the status?

No - sorry. Although, has this changed at all as far as you can see? We've made a couple of changes on the artist page and wondered if it was affected...

• Sadly no. I noticed the bug again yesterday after a month of vacation away from my PC, which led to me asking here about the status.

Thanks for confirming that. We'll look into the issue above soon.

• Hi Guys,

Could you please clarify which artist's album you are referring to when multiple artists have albums with the same name?

• About these couple of changes. I noticed artists got images now. What is the source I wonder? Many of them are either album covers (often without picture of the artist) or other random photos (for example for Psy I get a photo that from what I can see on the tiny picture contains some papers and CDs).

I think letting people use/upload their own pictures would be best, especially since there are many artists that share names and such (and also for max customisation for the end user). But if that's too complex or difficult to do now, perhaps something like Last.FM would give better results than the current solution.

@Cambionn There wasn't any specific changes for artist images, but it might be a change in the query for the artist is now surfacing images better - do you have an example in your library?

Could you please clarify which artist's album you are referring to when multiple artists have albums with the same name?

@chan005 It could be any artist(s) that share an album with the same name (I might be misunderstanding what you are asking).

• CambionnCambionn Member
    edited February 28

Well, I'm pretty sure in the past it just showed the first album cover image when sorting alphabetically, without any exception. When it's a cover I made myself to use in place of the original one, it also showed that one I made myself. So it definitely took the pictures from the library before.

Now I get things like this, which are definitely not taken from any of my own files:

I don't know where this artist picture comes from other than that it seems related to The Rolling Stones, but it's definitely not from my library.

Another example is this one:

The picture is the coverart from a single (Please Don't Go) that's on 2NE1's To Anyone album (that song and album is both tagged as 2NE1 in my library). Since I have the To Anyone album with corresponding artwork (and not the single separately), this picture is no where in my library either. Hence being rather sure it's from an external source again probably getting grabbed somewhere on "CL" as keyword.

CL was a member of 2NE1 who went solo (2NE1 is disbanded by now). There is one solo song of her on the 2NE1 Crush album hence that one appearing there (so that's not a bug). The sorting is also a bit off but I'm certain that's due to how I added the dates in the files so also not a bug.

edited February 28

Could you right click that Rolling Stones image and send the URL (by email if you like)?

Yes, thanks. Full disclosure - art (and only art) was being found that matched another track outside your collection. We'll fix that asap.