Automatic sync running but not adding songs

davvvddavvvd Member

My automatic sync from OneDrive has been producing logs but the last few albums I've added to my library are missing. The missing albums start on February 11th.

Comments

• gravelldgravelld Administrator
    edited February 13

Can you give me an example file path that isn't added? Send to info@asti.ga if you'd rather...

• \Music\Music\Dolly Parton\In the Good Old Days (When Times Were Bad)

\Music\Music\Buck Owens\Dust on Mother's Bible

\Music\Music\Tanya Tagaq\Animism

edited February 13

Thanks, I'll look into that tomorrow... hope that's ok.

Thanks, I'm running some tests on this.

edited February 14

Hmmm - it looks like your current scan has been running since the 11th! Could it be that those files were added after that? The way the sync works is: first the folders are traversed, then the files _only in those folders_ are imported. The folder traversal ended at 10:21 on the 11th.

There are a lot of files being added in the current sync, hence the latency.

• There shouldn't be that many files being added - I've only added six new albums to my library since the 11th.

You should be able to see what is being added here:

https://play.asti.ga/update-library/log/[NAME OF STORAGE ACCOUNT]

Look for all the ADD lines.

For privacy's sake I don't want to put that name in.

E.g. https://play.asti.ga/update-library/log/MyOneDrive

Could the timing be the problem?

• I see all the ADD lines - it seems to be re-adding almost my entire library for some reason. Maybe something is generating a false update, but the vast majority of what's shown here was already in my library for years.

Thanks - I ran a compare on the records of your files in our database and I agree. Tomorrow I'll try emulating the sync to see why it's being picked up.

I ran tests locally and it worked ok - the tracks were not re-added.

As it's just re-adding the same tracks, I'm going to try cancelling this sync and restarting with some extra logging to see if I can see the issue. Hope this is ok with you.

• Sounds good.

It looks like the missing folders were seen this time, although it hasn't tried to import the files themselves yet...

I'm obviously also interested about why everything was re-ADD-ed last time, but if the problem doesn't recur it might not be expedient to look into it much further. Naturally, if it keeps happening I'll revisit.

Looks like the new music was added yesterday.

Note there's been another auto sync since then, so your logs won't show the sync that added them.

There are a few errors in your log like this:

2024-02-16T09:31:22 ERROR Could not write to the database

The underlying errors there are that the title (in the file mentioned immediately previous) is too long for the database.