'Genres' view listing tracks, not albums

Hello,

Up until I think today, when I clicked on "Genres" on the left panel it would show me a list of albums, but starting today it seems to show a list of tracks instead. You can sort the list by album, but I can't get it to display the album covers, which is how I prefer to browse my collection. I can't tell if this is something that has changed for everyone or if I just accidentally clicked on something and now I can't change it back. Can anyone advise?

Also, a very small feature request, but for here in the forum. It would be nice if on the list of forum discussions it could also display the date when the last comment was. It says whether there's something "new" or not, but it'd be nice to see how new it is!

Thanks~

Comments

• gravelldgravelld Administrator
    edited February 21

You're right - the album list was removed and shouldn't have been. We'll get it back in soon.

I'll look into the forums later...

Also, a very small feature request, but for here in the forum. It would be nice if on the list of forum discussions it could also display the date when the last comment was. It says whether there's something "new" or not, but it'd be nice to see how new it is!

I changed this, does it work like you want now?

• Yes, thank you!

• The "Genres" view appears to list individual tracks rather than complete albums. This format may disrupt the listening experience for those who prefer cohesive album listening. Consider enhancing the feature to include full albums for a 🙄more immersive music exploration.

Yeah - this was a bug introduced in the last build, it's in the next build to fix this.

• Hello, the Genres page seems to be acting up again. I can't figure out any rhyme or reason, but now it shows multiple copies of the same album. When I click on the albums, they're showing the same tracks, so it's not that tracks are somehow being split across albums. This just started today.

Not sure if this image link will work, but here's a screenshot:

https://imgur.com/SCpfe8M

Thanks, I'll take a look later.

edited April 15

Looks like the problem is with albums that have a consistent ALBUM ARTIST (band) but inconsistent ARTISTs. That's down to a change we made in the last update. We'll look into fixing this for the next update.

• Unfortunately there's a new issue: The 'Genres' view now seems to be limiting itself to only 100 albums. I noticed this because my Classical genre albums abruptly stop at Sibelius, but I know there are some after that (e.g. Vivaldi). I counted how many albums are being shown and it's exactly 100. I think Classical is the only genre I have with that many albums, so I can't verify the problem elsewhere, but the cutoff at 100 seems suspicious.