playback reset to beginning of song after pausing for a while

RonaldRonald Member

hi,

not sure if this is a bug or a feature (i.e. some setting I can change):

Android app:

when I playback songs and pause it for a long time (I think a few minutes), the song is not resumed at the point where I paused it but at the beginning. What I see is the following after "coming back" to my phone:

• I unlock my phone.
  • See the Astiga app with the playback indicator at some point in the song (where I paused it),...
  • ... and immediately see it jump back to 0:00

The above does not always happen, I think it depends on the time between pausing and resuming.

Comments

• gravelldgravelld Administrator

Do you pause/resume in the app or via the widget in the pull-down notification bar?

• RonaldRonald Member

In the app. You are touching on what might be another bug: when I pause , usually (not always, can't really reproduce) the widget from thepull down bar disappears. I've toggled a few of the "appearance" settings in the app but none seems to have any effect.

edited June 7

Yeah - I've experienced that too. I think it relates to the background working mode of the app and Android's more stringent requirements for battery use etc.

I'll look into this next week, if that's ok?

• RonaldRonald Member

Hi Dan, sure, No hurry, I just wanted to report it.

Enjoy the weekend,

Ronald

@Ronald Does this occur when playing via Bluetooth, with connected headphones, or just on the phone's speaker?

• RonaldRonald Member

hi @gravelld I listen always via Bluetooth through multiple different devices. I'm not sure if this behavior is related to a specific device...

I've been trying this without a Bluetooth speaker connected with 10 and 20 minute pauses, and it didn't occur.

Could you try without Bluetooth, to see if we can isolate a possible cause?

• RonaldRonald Member

ok, I'll try that. I'll get back to you.

Thanks!

• RonaldRonald Member
    edited June 12

hi, tried it: same issue, playback sometimes jumps back after pausing a song for some time. The "some time" I suspect it's related to the widget disappearing so I need to go back to the app itself. If that in its turn related to Android battery management, let me try if there are settings to change there: i changed the "Battery" setting to "Unrestricted." (retro-translated from Dutch so I hope it's the right term).

Ok, let me know...

• Sorry to hijack but I have the same issue.

Ok, so this is an issue I was coming to report that I've been putting off reporting for months. I don't use the app for music, so I'm in a minority, but for audiobooks etc which means this issue is perhaps even more frustrating as I can be 30 minutes to an hour into a track. Also when it starts again the bookmark is usually overridden after a few seconds so I can't often even use that to get back to where I was.

I often listen on Android Auto and just with the app playing on my phone and it happens in both places, I've not been able to find a pattern, though I do get the same thing with the notification widget disappearing very quickly.

• RonaldRonald Member

I've been using the app with the different battery settings and subjective I think it is better now. Not sure it's a full fix but it seems to occur less frequent. I'll keep you updated.

@slightperil Thanks for the report, it helps to have multiple, sometimes it triangulates the problem. This is after pausing, right? When you're not using Auto, how are you playing back, Bluetooth?

• @gravelld yes this is after pausing, which can be an automatic action with Auto when I get out of the car etc, but I've tried it by manually pausing and it doesn't seem to matter.

When not using Auto I most often just have it playing from my phones loudspeaker in my room, so no not using Bluetooth.

Ok, a more general problem then.

• RonaldRonald Member

hi, a few weeks have passed, it seems like "i changed the "Battery" setting to "Unrestricted."" has solved the issue, at least i did not have it occur anymore since I changed that.

It's an interesting data point. Please let us know if it stops working!