rearranging playlists doesn't work

CambionnCambionn Member
edited August 9 in Bugs

When trying to use the url https://play.asti.ga/playlist/<playlist_name> it doesn't seem to be possible to rearrange the playlist anymore. My mouse is changing into a grab icon, but when trying to rearrange it's just clicking/selecting stuff instead of dragging the songs. Tested on both Chromium (Electron) and Gecko (FireFox).

I'm also curious how I'm supposed to move songs from page 2 to page 1. I have some playlists where I have songs from the same artists in order so I can easily see per artist which songs are in the playlists, and when I decide to add a song it appears on the end so I need to move it (which is fine). But since a playlist gets a new page every 100 tracks I have no clue how to drag it to another page.

Comments

• gravelldgravelld Administrator

Hmm, for me it does work but I have to hold the song in the new position without releasing for a few seconds. This is Firefox.

I'm also curious how I'm supposed to move songs from page 2 to page 1.

You can use the "+" icon to move it to a specific point in the playlist, does that help?

• CambionnCambionn Member
    edited August 9

Hmm, for me it does work but I have to hold the song in the new position without releasing for a few seconds. This is Firefox.

I can't even more it to a new position, let alone hold there. It just starts selecting text like a "select mouse" does, instead of grabbing songs to rearrange. The mouse icon itself does change, but the functionality doesn't seem to do so.

You can use the "+" icon to move it to a specific point in the playlist, does that help?

It does. But it would help more if I can also see which song is what number in the playlist before I have to count 50+ songs to place it correctly somewhere halfway 😉.

Currently it shows which number the songs-track is on it's own album. Useful on album pages, but perhaps less so on playlist pages.

• You can use the "+" icon to move it to a specific point in the playlist, does that help?

It does. But it would help more if I can also see which song is what number in the playlist before I have to count 50+ songs to place it correctly somewhere halfway 😉.

Currently it shows which number the songs-track is on it's own album. Useful on album pages, but perhaps less so on playlist pages.

Okay I just tried this, but it made my whole first page of the playlist get removed. Luckily I have it open on my phone still and can recreate it from there, otherwise I just would've lost which 100 numbers where on that first page 😥

😵‍💫

Ok we'll look at that.

• Yeah it does at to my list with issues on pagination. With both playlist editing and current play queue having some pagination issues I feel like at this point, the safest for now is to grab the Android app back for editing playlists (the app I use for playing can add to playlist, but not rearrange). In there I could open the whole playlist to the current queue, edit that, and save it as the playlist.

Let me know when you make changes, I'll test it again after that!

The bug fixes will be in the next build on Tuesday I expect - the UI approach (pagination, move to page) will have to come later.

• Another thing I just noticed, it may already be in your fixes for Tuesday, but when removing songs from the playlist when on the playlist page using the + button removes the first track instead of the selected track. The same menu does work as expected when on any other page (for example, the album page).

Thanks so much for that! We hadn't spotted it.

We so far haven't been able to reproduce this, we're following up with @Cambionn via email (I thought it important to update this thread on the current status for anyone else searching something similar).

Dragging and dropping should be fixed now, as should the remove-first-track issue: https://community.asti.ga/discussion/comment/3399/#Comment_3399

• Removing or moving a song from a playlist still causes other pages to disappear. I just had a 137 song playlist with 3 pages remove the first and third page (I was working on the second).

• I just had another first track remove issue on a 3 page playlist. Perhaps the issues where only tackled with 2 page playlists or so? Or where the patches not released yet?

No, as per the above link it was (supposed to be) in the last release.

I guess it's a pain to replicate but does it happen consistently, and could you say (maybe via email) which playlist was affected?