Bug: Music not playing (and can't view album track listings)

Hey!

I noticed just now (only just seems to have started) that I can't listen to music on the web app suddenly (clicking play doesn't seem to do anything).

If I click on an album, it takes me through to an error (where it would normally display a track listing) saying:

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1267 Illegal mix of collations (utf8mb4_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8mb4_general_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '='

Comments

• gravelldgravelld Administrator

Sorry - errant change made in production. Is it ok now?

• Yup all working now! Thanks 🙌

We've gone back and re-fixed this in a different way - let us know if there are any further issues.

• CambionnCambionn Member
    edited August 21

I guess this is also why suddenly my entire library was unsynced and had to resync this afternoon? It's fixed by now already, but it gave me quite a scare as I was just adding some music myself when I couldn't play some tracks and then my whole library disappeared..

I haven't seen that - how could you tell it was unsynced?

• CambionnCambionn Member
    edited August 22

At first tracks couldn't be found, others worked.

But when reloading suddenly there where no tracks in my library at all, which leaves each category on the home page with a message asking you to sync to add tracks and any other page empty or non-existent. Much like an empty account without files or that hasn't done an initial sync yet. Sync was already auto-running and one by one my library returned in alphabetical order (due to that being the order the syncing process finds them). Last added became the last synced songs instead of the actually latest added ones, as according to Astiga everything was just added as if it ran an initial sync.

I was still working on adding some stuff. The albums I added after that sync are after the newest in the last added category, but before those it's the alphabetically last songs. It still is. The most played and recently played pages are back to normal. I take those stats aren't directly connected to the files, although they can only show statistics of things that are synced (those categories where empty during the short moment my library was unsynced, but returned to normal after resyncing).

After the resync everything works again, I'm not experiencing issues with playback anymore.

Ok, thanks for this. I'll bear it in mind in case there are other reports; I'm sorry if this caused any delay (or worry!).