Track advance not working when casting

All functions well when playing to my Bluetooth earbuds from my phone but, when I cast from the app to my DLNA endpoint, album tracks do not advance properly and the now playing screen is one behind the track actually playing.

Any ideas how to fix this would be welcome!

Answers

• gravelldgravelld Administrator

There's a similar (very old) issue with the original source of the Astiga app: https://github.com/daneren2005/Subsonic/issues/589 . Could you read the top of that thread and say whether it might be similar?

What's worrying is that it might be DLNA endpoint-specific.

I don't suppose you have any other DLNA endpoints you could test?

• Hi Dan

No, it's not the same.

All the tracks in an album will play properly in order but the Now Playing screen shows only the first track played (wherever I start the album playing from) and will not advance beyond that track unless I advance it manually.

However, after further tests I find that the Now Playing screen will sometimes advance but shows the track playing as the one before the actual track!

All my DLNA endpoints are the same I'm afraid - RPiZero2W running Ropieee configured as DLNA endpoints. I have Chromecast enabled speakers also, but can't test them yet as I'm away from home until 4th November.

I'll return to this when I get home.

Thanks for naming the DLNA endpoint. I might be able to set this up myself. Do you happen to know if it's based on any open source DLNA code?

• I don't know but Ropieee is the baby of Harry ten Berge. A visit to his website might help: ropieee.org

Yeah, I looked there. It probably means trying to set Ropieee up.

• Ten minute job from start to finish!

Well... "I have concepts of a plan".

(Sorry, just wanted to use that). Probably not 10 mins, hardware-depending.

Thanks