Android app keeps crashing immediately after startup

RonaldRonald Member

Hi,

My app on my telephone keeps crashing, immediately after i start it. Some info:

Android 14

Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G

The issue started yesterday which is a few days after the latest software release and i think more than a week after the latest security update of my phone. Ni issues with other apps.

I tried a reboot, cleared the cache, cleared the app data, left the beta programme, reinstalled the app. Nothing helped. I'm now using substreamer which works fine.

I sort of remember that i had this issue before but i cannot remember how or what. Maybe someone has a brilliant idea...

Thanks,

Ronald

Comments

• gravelldgravelld Administrator

Yeah, it'll be the new alpha I guess.

Did you receive any kind of error when it crashed? I really could do with seeing it. I have a record of someone with your phone getting a crash but the stack trace is not that useful.

If you are prepared to enabled developer options, you could send a log as per https://developer.android.com/studio/debug/bug-report#bugreportdevice

- You need to enable the developer tools first (the first step)

- Try replicating the bug (i.e. starting Astiga) before step 2

- You should get a way of sharing the report at the end - choose whichever method is convenient so you can send it on to us

- You only need to follow the steps under "Capture a bug report from a device", not the rest of it.

Leaving the beta programme should mean you have the stable version: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7003180?hl=en

Can you confirm what version you see in the app details?

• So... after moving on and off and on the beta and another reboot of the phone it seems like I'm back in business. I'm running version 1.5.37 now, not sure what that is.

I did try finding out how to turn on bug reporting (happy to do so if it helps), however the link you provided does not seem to be the right one anymore. I have Dutch as my phone language, the closest I got was (translated back): settings -> developer options -> bug report -> "interactive report" -> report it, resulting in a 26MB zip files... Is that the type of log you're after?

I think I have worked this out and should have a fix for this soon, I'd be really grateful if you could try it @Ronald . Don't worry about the debug logs.

1.5.37 is the standard release version. You were on the testing track before.

I think I have a fix for this, I'd be really grateful if you could try it @Ronald .

• Hi @gravelld , just let me know what you want me to do, Join the beta?

Ronald

Sorry, yes you'll have to rejoin. I'll send you a link.

Great, appears that fixed it. This build has been pushed to the beta track.

• @gravelld thanks again for the responsiveness and fixing things.