Remember position in playlist

If I am listening to a playlist, then I switch to something else, either through the browser or another playlist, there does not appear to be any way to resume the original playlist at its prior location. I have to remember which track I was listening to before switching away.

Comments

• gravelldgravelld Administrator

I guess this is especially an issue with long content, like the lectures you mentioned before?

• Yes, some of these courses were recorded from weekend long seminars, so can be 10-20 hours long, broken up into as many as 40 pieces.

The other thing that I use Astiga for is listening to Buddhist "dharma talks". One teacher has posted 50 separate talks to his site, and another over 100. So again, it would be great to be able to get those whole sets into one or more playlists, and then have the playlist resume where I left off. These things could be streamed online, except that they have terrible UX, so I have to traverse through lists to get tot a page and play a track, then when it is done, traverse to the next piece. Really terrible UI's. And accessed in this way it is completely stateless, so I really have to keep track of where I left off.

I guess this has not been a common use case for your users (?)

Andrew

• gravelldgravelld Administrator

Remembering positions in individual tracks/songs is a common think (that's what bookmarks are for in the app). Position in the playlist - less so, but I think that speaks more for their more common use as groups of musical tracks - even if it's important to listen to in order in one session that doesn't necessarily extend to between sessions.