Dropbox - Choose multiple root directories

Hi,

I have a dropbox with many directories of all kinds of stuff, some of it private. There are also 3 directories with audio material. I want those tracks to stay where they are - I dont want to have to rearrange things to use Astiga.

I was not able to get Astiga to let me specify multiple directories within my dropbox as directories of media to be played. Finally I gave up and just pointed Astiga to my entire dropbox, but I do not like that; for one thing when I use the browser in Astiga it shows me my many directories, of which only a few are audio, and, more importantly, I am now exposing my entire dropbox, which is a security concern.

How do I get Astiga to let me specify only the directories on my dropbox to which I want it to have access?

Comments

• gravelldgravelld Administrator

There's the initial folder option, but that's only a starting point for browsing and sync - theoretically the entire Dropbox is still accessible.

It's actually pretty rare for the storage account APIs to allow this - it's either everything or nothing.

You might be able to create a separate Dropbox and share the folders, then link that new Dropbox to Astiga - I can't remember if shared folders in Dropbox are traversable...