How do I ensure album artwork appears?

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I've got a lot of albums with blank artwork. In terms of storage, how do I correctly save the files to ensure the artwork appears with each album?

I've tried saving jpg's to the right folders but it hasn't seemed to fix the issue. Can I embed the artwork into each music file somehow?

Additionally, is there an option to add band/artist artwork? Same again - there aren't any images when browsing for artists and it would be great to have those too.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• gravelldgravelld Administrator

We look inside music files for embedded art and inside the folder for a cover.* or folder.* (and a few others). In your case, for the missing artwork, what file formats do you have, and do you have any image files?

Can you click on one of the albums with missing art, right click on the artwork for one of the tracks and click "Copy image link" and paste it here?

• Hey, thanks for the response. For example, this Santana album doesn't have artwork appear, but does have the artwork saved in the folder. Is it because it's not named 'cover' or 'folder'? Album art is saved as jpg, this comes up when I copy image link from the sidebar:

https://play.asti.ga/img/no-image.png

Or, from the player at the bottom:

https://play.asti.ga/art/album/no-image.png

Yeah, it has to be "cover" or "folder", but can have any extension.

Also, it should not include the words:

back
    rear
    albumartsmall
    albumart

Sorry - the URLs I asked you to copy/paste aren't that helpful... but let's see if the separate image files obey the rules above first.

What music file format is the album?

• Okay thanks. I've renamed that one album art to see if it works, but no change so far. Maybe it will after a manual resync?

Music format is mp3.

• Okay sorted now, I renamed all album artwork to 'cover' and forced refresh of all items when syncing. Thanks for the help!

Awesome - yes, it needs a sync.

• And, even if the art album is correct, you can always change it using the metadata editor on Astiga.