WebDAV - multiple sync errors

I just tried to import about 75k mp3s via NextCloud WebDAV.

Only about 60k imported successfully. My log is littered with errors.

About 15k are are simple "ERROR This file does not appear to be an audio file"

Another 300 have the additional error "ERROR Failed to connect to nextcloud port 443: Connection refused" followed by "F_ERR  cURL error 7: Failed to connect to nextcloud port 443: Connection refused (see https://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/libcurl-errors.html)"

The NextCloud instance has been fine the whole time.

Any idea how I can fix this?

Comments

• gravelldgravelld Administrator

About 15k are are simple "ERROR This file does not appear to be an audio file"

Can you see anything consistent with these files - are they the same format?

Another 300 have the additional error "ERROR Failed to connect to nextcloud port 443: Connection refused"

It's odd if some files are being downloaded that this occurs. Could this be some piece of infrastructure rate limiting?

• It's running on NextCloud so there's no rate limiting and it ran fine for about 48 hours with zero issues.

All my files are mp3 so they are all the same format but other mp3s work fine and it's sometimes odd songs within an album that otherwise works okay.

Maybe the issues are related.

Ultimately, "Connection refused" is a very absolute error message - it means Astiga is not able to open a communications channel to your NextCloud server. This is normally because the OS of the NextCloud server has intentionally rejected the connection or its already maxed out with other connections.

Sometimes (but less often) it can also be an intermediate firewall rejecting the connection, but normally firewalls are configured to timeout rather than reject.

Are there any logs in NextCloud - https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/latest/admin_manual/configuration_server/logging_configuration.html ?

• The issue is it was getting connection refused for some time then suddenly was working fine again all in the same sync. I will set up NextCloud logs next time.

• I was able to run another sync overnight. 15k more files were added without issue but there were still 75 errors:

e.g.

2021-12-13T20:49:20 FAILED /remote.php/dav/astiga/Yorkston_Thorne_ Khan - Everything Sacred [V0]/._07 YorkstonThorneKhan - Broken Wave.mp3

2021-12-13T20:49:20 ERROR This file does not appear to be an audio file

2021-12-13T20:49:20 FAILED /remote.php/dav/astiga/Yorkston_Thorne_ Khan - Everything Sacred [V0]/._08 YorkstonThorneKhan - Blues Jumped The Goose.mp3

2021-12-13T20:49:20 ERROR This file does not appear to be an audio file

Here some of the files in an album work okay but others don't. I've checked the files and they appear to be fine.

2021-12-13T20:50:20 FAILED /remote.php/dav/astiga/Ben Chatwin - The Sleeper Awakes (2015) (V0)/01 Sirius.mp3

2021-12-13T20:50:20 ERROR This file does not appear to be an audio file

2021-12-13T20:50:25 F_ERR This file is empty

2021-12-13T20:50:25 FAILED /remote.php/dav/astiga/Ben Chatwin - The Sleeper Awakes (2015) (V0)/02 Atomas of Amber.mp3

2021-12-13T20:50:25 ERROR This file does not appear to be an audio file

2021-12-13T20:50:26 F_ERR This file is empty

Here I get the additional error that the file is empty but, again, checking the file it definitely isn't and it plays fine.

It may be partial downloads.

Is it the same files affected each time?

• These are complete files tested all the way through. I can't check whether it's the same files until another three days.

To be clear - I understand and believe you that these files are stored in your NextCloud instance, correctly and completely.

It appears the problem is in the connection between Astiga and your server. Maybe it's dropping connections and only downloading partial files. Maybe it's sometimes simply being refused the connection ("Connection refused").

Let me know if you get some logs, also.