Issue Canceling Sync

Hi! I have been having some trouble using the folder sync function. While I think I have figured out what I did wrong, the trouble is that the GET stage of the sync doesn't seem to check at all for cancelations. Because I had put the incorrect path into the folder field, Astiga ended up trying to sync my entire OneDrive. I have 800GB of stuff in there, which is contained within approximately 66,000 folders. It took about 18-19 hours to GET all of that, even though I hit the cancel button within 5 minutes. This has happened multiple times and I feel bad wasting a bunch of server time on a mistake. The only way to actually cancel it is to delete my OneDrive from the connected storage.

I am not sure how the sync system is designed, but would it be possible to either prevent syncing outside of the initial folder or to check for interruptions within the GET stage? Or would it even be possible to initiate a sync from a folder in the storage explorer?

Anyways, I really enjoy Astiga and I hate being wasteful using such a great service!

Comments

• gravelldgravelld Administrator

This is a good idea, because sync could potentially become a runaway process consuming a lot of resource. I can't check this right now, but IIRC we only check between listing the files and then getting them. I'll double check later.

Thanks for your warm wishes!

• Awesome! Thanks for taking a look!

Actually - a quick look suggests looks like it should be able to interrupt pending GETs for files. I'll have to dig into this some more as a full ticket.

Just to let you know @chromium852 I have deployed a fix for this. Cancelling the initial folder traversal is now possible.

• Amazing! Thank you so much!