Music libraries - global stats

gravelldgravelld Administrator

I was fiddling with a database backup the other day and I realised it would be interesting to extract some global (anonymized, obviously) stats about the music libraries managed by Astiga.

The data is aggregated from 1,715 libraries.

Any other global level stats that might be interesting? I was wondering about a report on the most popular cloud storage services.

Comments

• cchcch Member

This is great!! My library is all .flac. Interesting to see the .flac percentage is relatively high

• gravelldgravelld Administrator

Yeah - it knew it would be more than the "mainstream" but it was higher than I was expecting.

• CoyleyCoyley Member

Thanks, interesting. Yes cloud storage will be useful in this.

It's interesting to see a Rock bias perhaps, especially as those albums are available on streamng services. That might say something about the demographic of the service users (I'm guessing on the whole it is men, 35+ in age). I'm of that demographic but listening to mostly Ambient type music so that makes me a partial outlier.

Frequency of listening may be interesting too - I listen via Astiga every day. I'm assuming we are all into our music and listening a lot here.

• gravelldgravelld Administrator
    edited May 2022

Frequency of listening may be interesting too - I listen via Astiga every day.

Great idea!

Like the other stats, it requires some data cleaning. I've noticed some accounts just play the same track over and over again - whether this is intentional or not I'm not sure.