Sync stuck 04/27

Hi, Are there problems with Sync. It's stuck, and cancel do not respond.

Comments

• gravelldgravelld Administrator

Thanks for highlighting this - one particular sync has caused a problem in that it used a lot of disk space. I've freed it up. Can you try again?

• Still KO...

"Astiga will now start the synchronisation process. This can take several minutes up to several hours, depending on your music library size and whether your files were changed or not. The synchronisation progress log will be shown below. You can safely close this window. You can stop the syncing process by clicking here."

And nothing more.

Looks like it just added some files for you... agree?

• Yes. I added some files on my cloud drive. 23 new files. And tried a manual synch. I usually do it this way. It got stuck. And it´s still ko.

How can you tell it's "ko"?

I think because I manually reset your sync the logs aren't showing correctly.

I can see in my logs there were 23 files added to your library at 13:45. Or, at least, reported as added - maybe they weren't! Can you look for the album in your library?

• Ok, the album appears on recently added. Perfect!

But, less important, https://play.asti.ga/update-library doesn´t show progress like before.... That was I was thinking it was ko. Because doesn´t appears anything on that page.

Yeah, I think it's because of me forcibly resetting the scan for you.

I think it should reset itself over a 24 hour period. If it doesn't, let me know and I'll look into it for you. 🙂

• tpytpy Member

I m not sure if the reset affected my environment as well, but I have the same issue (no logs under update-library/log).

I will also check after a while.

Oh - thanks for flagging that. I think I see the issue with not showing logs more clearly now.

Can you try again @tpy and @Cernunnos ?

• Sync works now perefct. And log file shows information. Great. Thank you!!

• tpytpy Member

Same here. Thx!

💪

• jpolkjpolk Member

Also experiencing a similar problem. My sync appeared to be "stuck" around the same time as OP. After no progress for a couple days, I deleted and re-added the library and initiated a manual initial sync. It has been syncing for about a week now and it is still far from completion. Any help would be appreciated.

I just checked - it does seem to be running slowly, but it is running. It looks like it's about 80% done now...

Sometimes storage services can seem to just run quite slowly and not allow us to download as fast as we'd like... but I agree this is taking a number of days for you now so it's far from ideal.

• jpolkjpolk Member

Thanks for checking. I appreciate it. Astiga is so great, that it is unusual and noticeable when something is out of whack. Best replacement for Google Music that I've found!

Thanks @jpolk ! Ping me again if it is still not done in the next day or two.

• cchcch Member

I often experienced the same behavior where the sync would start and sit there doing nothing. But most of the time, it would eventually sync after some time. Unfortunately, I can not tell how to reproduce this since it happens randomly.

We operate a queue, so if a lot of people request syncs at the same time then it could back up a bit.

Maybe we should communicate the depth of the queue!

• cchcch Member

Communicating the queue would be great so we know what's up!