Astiga stopping on Android when screen off

CoyleyCoyley Member
edited June 2022 in Bugs

I believe this is an acknowledged issue as it is mentioned in the settings around keeping the screen on.

However playing music at night with a Sleep setting on, it is frustrating for Astiga to stop prematurely when the screen is off.

Leaving the screen on when going to sleep isn't an option as we know.

Comments

• The setting to keep screen alive is in the cache options screen. It´s to avoid low download speed on certain devices.

Your problem seems to be some conflict with the energy saving system on your device. Maybe too much aggresive.

• CoyleyCoyley Member

Possibly but others have reported this before too I believe. It doesn't seem to have a pattern or preset time.

• If your phone uses Miui, Emui, or another similar... It's very usual that the system kills the process when the screen goes black. Try to configure the energy optimization to avoid Astiga app. On Miui, long press on the Astiga icon, app info, battery saving, no restrictions.

• gravelldgravelld Administrator

Trouble is - if your phone is configured like mine, it complains half the time that apps aren't on the battery optimisation list.

Seems to be a constant tug of war between the OS developers trying to put more apps on the list, and app developers encouraging people to remove them 😀

• CoyleyCoyley Member

I have added Astiga into the 'Never Sleeping list' on all my Astiga devices and checked the battery optimisation settings. I'll report back, thanks all.

• gravelldgravelld Administrator

Thanks @Coyley !👍️