Webplayer current listening queue is not persisted over page reloads

cchcch Member

Reproduce:

• Add album to listening queue with the + button
  • Add another album to the queue
  • Reload page

Result: Either just one album or none of the entries in the queue are present after reloading

Comments

• gravelldgravelld Administrator

Thanks for the report - we'll look into this asap.

We've reviewed this, and tbh it doesn't look like it ever worked... at least, not since the service changed ownership last year.

Currently, the only way the play queue is persisted is every five minutes, or when you navigate away from the page.

Really, we think the play queue should be updated each time something is added to it.

Is this consistent with your own experience?

• Yes this describes the issue. I can confirm that it never worked. But only recently it started to bother me :D

Oh, right 😁

• BTW is there a changelog somewhere , so we can see what changes have been made to Astiga? I also would appreciate a real issue tracker in the future over having some forum posts.

No, afraid there's no such log. Do you have a reference of another service that does this well?

• cchcch Member
    edited September 2022

Regarding issue tracking I am used to github. But that doesn't make much sense for Astiga because it's not open source. I think the question is how do you keep track of issues internally or with your team and then maybe we make that public? idk...

Generally when thinking of issue tracking what I would like to know as a users is:

• Which bugs are already tracked or reported
    • Whats the status of those , closed, in development.... etc

We use Unfuddle internally. Having a fully open issue tracking system is way overkill in my opinion - it would create more confusion than clarity for most users.

For me the question is: is the current approach of community reporting "good enough" to avoid having to spend extra time maintaining a more complex system when we could just be working on the bugs/features.

I'm open to it if it actually helps in the aggregate, i.e. not just help a handful of users - that's why I asked for any examples of other services you think do this well.

• Okay I see why exposing internal tracking would be an overkill. I think for now reporting it on the forum is fine, but not the best option for (community) issue tracking in my opinion.

To the question whether this would help many people. Probably not because not all Astiga users are equally invested into reporting or even posting on the forum. But all in all I would love to have more insight into where Astiga is heading.

Sure, I hear you. Thanks very much for this feedback. I'll try to continue communicating where things are going... but bear in mind that plans can change, and as a result I'm a bit loathe to announce stuff too far ahead of time.

• Thank you!