Desktop apps release thread

This is a thread I'll update when I've uploaded and released new versions of the desktop app.

Currently the desktop apps are available for Windows and Linux (via the Snap store).

Comments

• gravelldgravelld Administrator
    edited September 2021

I've just released versions 0.1.3 of the Windows app and Snap.

No major changes - just updates to copyright information etc since the transfer from Koen to elsten software.

• Thanks! gonna give it a try

☝️🙂

• Where can I download the Windows desktop app?

• SOLVED: I just found it, I didn't see the link embedded in your Sep 2021 comment. Sorry about that.

Many apps (including the Astiga desktop apps and also compatible third-party apps) can be found here: https://play.asti.ga/apps

That comment above is a specific version, so might not be the latest.

• The latest update has stopped the desktop app from working. Will this be fixed anytime soon, as this is the main way I access astiga.

@Catswearingties Apologies, I thought this was ok. I have re-tested and can see playback and adding to the play queue doesn't work. Was there anything else? If so, and it's difficult to communicate, please post a screenshot.

I'll look into a fix tomorrow.

• Hi Dan, no worries as far as I am aware everything else works fine (library is visible & updating and all album artwork/metadata is there).

Side note, I had moved over to using sonixd for a bit while the app was down, and it works pretty well. My only issue there was a bit of a lag when loading tracks to the active playlist so I'd definitely prefer the native app back.

Cheers!

edited October 2022

I've uploaded a fix - turns out the version of Chrome used in the app was out of date, and we were using some quite recent additions to Javascript in our code (recently changed). I've updated the version of Chrome and redeployed it. You can get it from https://play.asti.ga/apps .

The same issue was present in the Linux version, btw, so that's also fixed and deployed via snapcraft.

Note that you might get some warnings from Edge and/or SmartScreen about unrecognised files. You'll have to click several "Keep anyway" or "Open anyway" type confirmations initially, while the file builds reputation. It would help us greatly if you could also click the button to report the file as safe.

• CambionnCambionn Member
    edited October 2022

[] turns out the version of Chrome used in the app was out of date, and we were using some quite recent additions to Javascript in our code (recently changed). I've updated the version of Chrome and redeployed it. []

The same issue was present in the Linux version, btw, so that's also fixed and deployed via snapcraft.

May I take to this tread to mention that for anyone using the AUR package (which I still would love to see listed as a on 3rd party Linux desktop app 😇), simply performing a cleanBuild should be enough to fix this issue instead (although I didn't notice any issues myself). This also counts for other issues that require an update to the Electron/Chromium version.

During installation it will automatically (re-)create the application with the installed nativefier (which on a rolling release should be the latest available package unless you have reason not to), or if not installed grab it as it's a makedepend. Because of this there is no need for an actual update to the package on the AUR.

Thanks for the heads-up about the AUR - see https://community.asti.ga/discussion/comment/2073/#Comment_2073

• So I've checked out the updates and the app is playing tracks again! However, when I add say more than 20+ tracks to the queue (lets say I stick 2 albums to play after each other) the app sort of crashes and I can't do anything unless I restart it and then the queue is wiped.

When I say crash, the app is still playing music, but just generally unresponsive to any other input (tracking back to the home page or other artists etc)

The only other minor thing is the issue with the scroll bars again, that was broguht up in another thread for the browser UI (but I can happily live with this)

Thanks for trying it!

The fix for scrollbars should be deployed this week.

For the play queue - is this when the total size of the current play queue is already 20 tracks, or when you add 20 tracks? Could you just retest that?