Playlists Broken

I'm having a glitch where once I save a playlist one way, I can no longer change the order; if I add new songs and/ or try to change the order of another it does it's best to keep songs before and after the one I tried to move next to it. (So, moving one song actually moves 3, or doesn't move them at all and creates either duplicates of others, removes some, or just changes the order differently.) I've had to delete, wait a few hours, and then rebuild my playlist in order to successfully change the order to how I desire for one. And it seems like it might be a bug related to phone sync as it first happened after I changed the order of a song using my phone, but I'm not actually sure. Just wanted to report this in case it was not known.

Comments

• gravelldgravelld Administrator

I'm not aware of this.

I save a playist one way

Do you mean when you create it on the app and try changing the order on the web, or vice versa? The "way" refers to the method by which you access Astiga (Web/app)?

it does it's best to keep songs before and after the one I tried to move next to it.

Can you give me a step by step example, with what you expect to see and what you actually see?

When you say you delete - do you mean the entire playlist, or the track you were moving? When you "rebuild" the playlist are you therefore creating from scratch because movements etc work ok before the playlist is saved for the first time?

• Happy New Year and apologies for the late response!

I created all of the playlists on the web, but edited them on either web or mobile with similar results (same issue occurs). When I used "way" in the first sentence I was referring to the order of the songs. Sorry for that.

When I delete them I do indeed mean the whole playlist (and often other playlists that contain the same songs which were most often backups). So when I rebuilt the playlists, I made sure add the songs in the proper order the first time so that I did not have to worry about reordering them. As for an example, it often went some thing like this:

I'm building a playlist with songs, "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9." I go on to add more songs later up to 14 so now it's, "1, 2, 3... 13, 14" still in numerical order. Perhaps, I decided song 6 would work better after song 12, so I reorder it to there and now "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 6, 13, 14" is how I save it. Instead, when I return I might see, "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 13.." and will have most of the other songs after that- but I didn't notice any specific pattern I could latch on to other than the fact that there are chunks of the playlist that are still in order (relatively speaking), and songs have been duplicated and sometimes, some missing.

I think I'll try to get an example with screenshots in the near future, but this is generally how I observe it.

• Hi. It sometimes happens. And it´s quite difficult to get the right order. Doesn´t happen always, and not in all playlists. Also using mobile app, its quite a mess to change the order on a playlist.

Also on a playlist on the Android app, if I want to listen to song 4, it jumps to song 5.... Back button doens´t react. So if it happens. I must click on song 3, so it jumps to song 4.

• gravelldgravelld Administrator

Ok, thanks for confirming this.