Add playlist to current playlist

Lately I've been thinking it would be quite handy to be able to add a playlist at the bottom of the current playlist, instead of only being able to replace the current playlist with a new one. Counts for both the Android and web/desktop player.

Comments

• gravelldgravelld Administrator

Why?

Do you mean nested - how would it appear in the "current" playlist? Or do you mean "append tracks" from a playlist onto the end of the current playlist?

• I was thinking about appending the tracks from a playlist to the end of the current playlist mainly.

Although now that you say it, perhaps a "add here" and "add at the end" like the buttons on songs and albums might be nice too.

• Would it great to have this feature that we can append new songs into the existing playlist. Currently I see either save to new playlist or existing playlist but it will over write all the existing songs in that playlist.

• gravelldgravelld Administrator

@OCgeeks That's the way I'd expect it to work if you want to save a playlist with the same name. If you want to save a duplicate playlist and leave the old one then use the _New playlist_ option.

Am I missing something that is happening here?

• CambionnCambionn Member
    edited January 2023

What I do when I need this is open the playlist, add songs, then save under the same name. But I agree a button on songs/albums with "add to playlist" would be nice (which is what I think you mean).

That's a different request from this one tho. Here I want to add a playlist to the end of the currently playing que without overriding it (which is what happens now). Kinda like how the + button on songs and albums work.

On another side note, it would be nice to be able to see the playlist without overriding/appending it to check the entries. It's possible in tge app, but not on PC.