Automatic synchronization has stopped

Hello, it looks like auto sync has been not working on my account for at least a few days. Also, "open log file" just brings up a blank page.

Comments

• gravelldgravelld Administrator

Thanks for the heads-up. I can see the process is running, but it might be taking a while to complete and being stopped. I've enabled logging of the process to see what might be stopping it.

edited January 2023

I didn't get any useful logs from tracing on the automated process, so I'm running it manually now. This should give us something, but it won't be until tomorrow.

In the meantime, manual sync should work 🙂

Oh, could you try refreshing your token? Looks like we were swallowing some logs:

Error details: AADSTS70000: The user could not be authenticated as the grant is expired. The user must sign in again.

• Thanks, I think that'll fix it!

We've done some groundwork to store these types of problems in our database and show them when you log in. Hopefully the full notifications UI will be in the next build.

• It´s still down today.

@davvvd 's problem was specific to his account and was rectified in January.

Does manual sync work?

• Manual sync worked this morning. Didn't added new files since then.

• I had to do a manual sync today because automatic had stopped for 3 days.

Ok, I'm running the automated process manually to see if there's any more feedback.

Found the problem. We've started capturing error messages from auto sync but after the last deployment the database hadn't been updated to accept this. So I've done that manually and now I'm running a new sync. Should be good now, unless there's another problem.

• Now it's working fine. Thank you!

👍

• Hi. Automatic synchronisation is down again? Not working since this morning.

• Me too.

I'll run it manually to see if there's anything obvious - the process for manual sync appears to be working, so as a workaround you could request that.

Thanks for flagging this. 👍

Just testing a fix...

That looks better now, I think.

• it works. Thanks!

• When I misdirected the synchronize library command, "Stop Sync" command seemed to work. Now, though, attempts at redirecting and synchronizing only the correct sub-folder are met with "Previous synchronization still in progress. Wait until it finishes" message.

By redirecting, do you mean changing the initial folder?

• No. By Initial Folder, I assume you mean the Home of my account. I had first neglected to add "/music" to my sync instruction. That is the reason I hit "Stop" and tried to start over.

Now, with the sub-folder added into the second field, the sync begins looking for things that were never inside "/music" but have been retained in its memory from my previous mistake.

I hit stop again. Every time I try again, I get the "previous sync still running" message and, again, I see that it is searching for things that are outside the /music subfolder.

If I am not explaining clearly, I wish I could attach a screenshot here.

Ok. As per my email of yesterday - it looks to me like your syncs are currently finding music inside the /Music/ folder.

Today's sync also deleted everything inside /music/ (different case). The interesting thing is that this includes music inside /music/Music.

E.g. we deleted:

music/Music/Alabama Shakes/Boys & Girls/

And we added:

Music/Alabama Shakes/Boys & Girls/

When I tested this yesterday, the single "Music" root folder seemed to be working. How is it working for you?

• 2023-05-31T09:16:13 ERROR  cURL error 28: Operation timed out after 150001 milliseconds with 0 out of 0 bytes received (see https://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/libcurl-errors.html)

Synch has stopped

It hasn't (as far as I can see); that's an error message relating to your sync individually. On this occasion it looks like it won't look into one of your album folders (see the line above for the folder this relates to).

• Ok. But the log still continues, and stucks around one hour later. I´ve tested and the directory is accesible (on windows pcloud virtual drive and pcloud web). The stop synching process button doesn´t work?

I if i´m not wrong... a synch progress blocked restarts by itself, isn´t it?

Yes, you're right. The stop sync button sets a flag in the database which is checked.

I can see your sync was successfully cancelled:

May 31, 2023 11:31:13 AM ga.asti.robin.Logger log
    INFO: [14] Cancelling job for [redacted] Pcloud [redacted]

(Note that's the GMT timezone).

I wonder if the stop button is just not giving any feedback? What happened when you clicked it?

• It gives feedback. A pop up message. But, If I try to synch again, it shows the previous synch and says it´s still running, with the error. Now I have received the mail with the finished message.

The timezone is GMT. I´m on GMT+1. Ok, I know for future questions.

Thank you!

I'll double-check why it says it's still running - maybe there's a period where it's in the process of cancelling...

• Didn't thought about taking a screenshot. Sorry.