Playing playlists through Google assistant on Google home

Can we play playlists using the Google assistant integration on Google home devices? While the lack of this is not a total deal breaker it's close.

Comments

• KoenKoen Member, Former

You can. E.g. if you ask "Ask Astiga to play my 90s hits playlist" or "Ask Astiga to play the playlist Exercise songs".

• I tried the first option and here's what I got:

'Could not find a song matching' my i am a child of God playlist on Paul's mini' I tried to share my pic from google drive but it gave an error even though the link was public.

Google photos works however.

• KoenKoen Member, Former

Hmm, odd. Not sure what is up with that. Basically I tell Google which sentences to "train" on, and the Google applies its machine learning model to match what you are saying to one of the programmed possibilities (in this case, playing a playlist). However, it seems like it did not understand that you wanted to play a playlist.

• Right. I got it to play a playlist when I tried to play it on the device I was addressing it worked fine. However, asking it to play on another device in the house, it doesn't work. The screenshot I sent was from me trying to play it on another device in the house and it didn't work

• I still have not been able to get Google assistant to playlists reliably. Does anyone have any suggestions.