Error: Failed to open media, but without experiencing issues.

CambionnCambionn Member

Since the last build I get the error "Failed to open media. Please email info@asti.ga with this error message" all the time. The catch, it doesn't seem to fail anything. I get it when I open the page, remove current play que, and many other moments despite experiencing no issues that I can find.

Also annoying, I have Astiga in dark mode but the message is white. However, the (I suspect) X to close it is turned into light font. I found it by following logic of it likely being in the right upper corner and noticing the mouse change to clicking. But there is no way to actually see the button to close it as it's white on white:

Comments

• gravelldgravelld Administrator

Thanks - we've had a few reports of this. It's to do with the previous new build which surfaces errors more easily but I think we're being way over verbose. We'll check this.

• CambionnCambionn Member
    edited May 2023

Yeah I figured it likely had to do with that part of the changelog. However, I also wonder if the error message itself is even correct with the error. It always gives the failed to load media thing, but beside an old playlist that I didn't recreate yet from before I switched storage provider there is seemingly nothing that could cause an error related to this. And I would think that that one playlist wouldn't be loaded/checked unless I open the playlist or it's page, which I haven't.

Also don't read over the part about the X button being white on white in darkmode ;).

I didn't, I already created a ticket for that. 😉

Are you seeing this when the clear play queue button is clicked and/or the play queue is already empty?

• ruffinruffin Member

Are you seeing this when the clear play queue button is clicked

I'm getting this. It's also not super reliably clearing the queue. I can refresh after emptying and adding new songs and have the queue show what was there before I started messing with it.

edited May 2023

That's a separate problem I think! ☹️ It was a problem before.

The errant "Failed to open media" message should now be fixed: https://community.asti.ga/discussion/comment/2609/#Comment_2609