Synology

Hi,

Trying to setup Astiga with my Synology Nas.

Is there a guide or something? I only get error's.

Error details: Failed to connect to xxxxxx.quickconnect.to port 5005: Connection timed out

Do I need to set some premissions on my NAS?

Comments

• To use Synology it needs setting up for Webdav I believe. You may of done this but instructions are available if you search (the one at broadbandandbuyer.com looked good) - links are not working if I paste it up. Then the set-up guidance for Astiga is at the main login page if you follow the Webdav link.

Of course if you have done all this already - then others will reply I'm sure.

• KoenKoen Member, Former

That guide also applies to Astiga. However, make sure that your Synology NAS is also accessible from outside your own network. That generally involves port-forwarding, for which the instructions depend on your router.

• I would also recommend only accepting incoming WebDAV requests from the Astiga server's IP address. That way you aren't opening WebDAV to everybody in the world.

• Tnx Gents, I will take a look at it again! Keep u posted ;)

• KoenKoen Member, Former

To add to @MAveryWeir , if you do that, make sure that you accept requests from all of Astiga's IP addresses. Those are, at the time of writing (and theoretically subject to change):

• play.asti.ga: 188.166.0.233 / 2a03:b0c0:2:d0::647:e001
    • robin.asti.ga: 49.12.1.25 / 2a01:4f8:c17:8f6::1

If you forget the second, then you will probably have trouble syncing.

• Well.. I didn't get it working,:

Locally i got webdav working for my NAS, but through the internet a kind of errors. I used RaiDrive to set it up just to get it working.

No succes :(

I got Astiga workign with my online storage, so i am happy, works great ;)