Search issues

Are there any pointers for searching for songs? I find that when i search for songs most of the time using the search box either at the top of the page or on the left, it does not find anything or it takes a very long time to finish the search and finds nothing. This may be due to a large number of empty directories in my music collection. ( I was pushed by the demise of GPM and have not removed them all yet. If this is causing issues with the search please let me know and i might just remove them all and sync again as soon as possible.

Comments

• KoenKoen Member, Former

Are your files synced and tagged properly? If they are, then they should show up in the search (may take an hour or so after it finishes syncing to also show up in the search). It only searches the index of synced songs (and albums etc), so whether you have empty directories or not is not an issue.

• There are alot of files that are tagged but there are others that are not tagged or are not fully tagged. Do files that are not tagged not show up in the search and does the search ONLY pull tags instead of file names?

• KoenKoen Member, Former

If there is no title tag, then it will try to use the filename as title tag, but it depends on your files whether this works or not.