Sort artists that begin with "The" correctly

Unless I'm missing something, it seems that when a band name begins with "The" then it gets sorted separately despite it appearing under the correct initial letter.

E.g. "The Hives" are listed under H, but they appear AFTER "Hope of the States".

Can this be fixed?

Comments

• KoenKoen Member, Former

Where does it list them that way? Because from what I tested, it is sorted correctly:

• el_fozel_foz Member

Hi Koen,

Thanks for the fast response. I'm referring to the list of that is visible when clicking on Artists under the Library, not in the Storage list.

How do I attach a screenshot here? I'm getting a 403 error when pasting from Snipping Tool.

• KoenKoen Member, Former

Image uploads are disabled at the moment, hence the 403. But I'll look into it.

• buppibuppi Member
    edited October 2020

I'm seeing this sort correctly in both albums and artists list/tile views for browser, but Astiga v1.5.6 for Android does not properly sort albums or artists preceded by 'The', rather lumping all of them into the 'T' section.

Edited to clarify version number is for Astiga, not Android

Post edited by buppi on
  • Android 10 here on a Fairphone 3. The "The" groups are all under T in Library | Artists.

In the browser app on my laptop they're under the right first letter, but within each letter the "The" groups are all together as in my original example above.