Intermittent song performance (320 kbps mega)

I've had this issue for a while now, and I'm confident that it's not a problem with my wifi/browser/setup. Whenever I try to play songs, sometimes I'll have to wait a very long time for the next track to load, or sometimes the song will stop mid-play. It's pretty annoying, since while it loads, it would take less time to log into my storage device and download the song or album.

Has anyone else encountered issues with playback like this? Perhaps astiga doesn't have the bandwidth required to stream? I'm using 320kbps mp3s off a mega drive.

Comments

• KoenKoen Member, Former

Is this only the case with MEGA, or also with other cloud storages? The reason I am asking is that MEGA may have some intermittent issues:

MEGA support is currently in beta, most features should work, but you may experience some issues, especially with large audio files. Additionally, MEGA may at times be considerably slower than other storage providers.

Astiga itself has more than sufficient bandwidth to stream your content, at least, it can handle gigabits per second if necessary, which is far more than is currently in use. However, it is limited by the weakest link, so if MEGA only delivers the content at 500KB/s, then the fact that Astiga can handle more becomes irrelevant.

Also see this thread:

• I see- your linked thread explains a lot, I didn't even consider MEGA to be a bottleneck. All of my music is on mega, but I think I'm going to try and migrate my collection to google drive.