Sync Problems

Just synced for my first time from Google Drive. Things seemed to be going fine and then I see in my log a bunch of errors like this:

ERROR  {
 "error": {
  "errors": [
   {
    "domain": "global",
    "reason": "authError",
    "message": "Invalid Credentials",
    "locationType": "header",
    "location": "Authorization"
   }
  ],
  "code": 401,
  "message": "Invalid Credentials"
 }
}

array (
  0 => 
  array (
    'domain' => 'global',
    'reason' => 'authError',
    'message' => 'Invalid Credentials',
    'locationType' => 'header',
    'location' => 'Authorization',
  ),
)
GET    Music/Post-Rock_Shoegaze/Observer Drift
ERROR  {
 "error": {
  "errors": [
   {
    "domain": "global",
    "reason": "authError",
    "message": "Invalid Credentials",
    "locationType": "header",
    "location": "Authorization"

Further, when I try to click on Artist List -> Aphabetically, I just get a "No data" and can't see any of the artists. Anyone have an idea of how to fix these problems?

Comments

• KoenKoen Member, Former

I made some changes that should now fix it, and I am now testing them. I believe the reason is that your token is normally valid for an hour, and it is refreshed only when it starts looking for folders. That means, that if getting those folders takes longer than it takes for your token to expire, that it will say "Invalid credentials".

It should now have restarted syncing, and it should now work correctly.

• Thank you so much! I'll give it some time to re-sync and see how it goes.

• It seemed to have gone further but I still got the same error so maybe it needs to be even longer? I do have a large number of files.

• KoenKoen Member, Former
    edited October 2020

So the way you can view the token is a bit like those six digit authenticator codes that change every 30 seconds, except it takes an hour instead of 30 seconds for them to expire, and if they are close to expiry, a new code can be requested. I cannot change the time those codes are valid.

So what went wrong is that it did not request a new code when it should, so it kept using the old code, and then that would fail. That is what I tried to fix, but in order to test whether it worked, I would need to wait for that code to expire. It did not work (as you noticed), so I tried it again and I believe it should work this time.