Non-English in imported playlists

I edited the paths in all my old playlists so they work in Astiga - however, none of the Asian songs included in playlists work. I made doubly sure to export the playlists correctly (even buying an extra app for that purpose, because Rhythmbox apparently can't do it), but when the playlists are imported, all non-English characters show as '??', thus breaking the links to the tracks. I tried with both m3u and m3u8 files.

Example: "无羁 _ Unrestrained.mp3" in the m3u turns into "??_Unrestrained.mp3" after import.

Any idea what I could do? I've got several quite extensive playlists with Chinese, Thai and other non-English songs, rebuilding them manually would be quite a pain. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• KoenKoen Member, Former

Should be fixed now - at least for the m3u8 playlists.

The problem is that playlist files use differing encodings (for m3u normally Windows-1252 or Latin-1), and Astiga uses UTF-8 everywhere, so it tries to convert them. If the playlist is already in UTF-8, then that conversion can cause some issues (in particular for certain multibyte sequences, which many of the characters in CJK languages are, as you have noticed).

Anyhow, it now no longer does that for m3u8 playlists, so it should no longer be an issue.

• Oh, you're a star - you have no idea how much I appreciate your efforts!