Next song does not play automatically

KoenKoen Member, Former
edited March 2021 in Bugs

I have gotten a few messages saying that the next song in the playlist does not play automatically after the previous song has ended in the web app. The problem is that so far I have not been able to replicate the issue, which makes fixing it difficult.

All these messages came via email, so hence I created this discussion. Please let me know if you are affected by this issue as well.

So far the things in common are:

• Chrome
  • Irregardless of which song is playing

I would like to know which browser and operating system you are using, and additionally whether you are using add-ons, and if so which. Screenshots are welcome too. I have a couple hypotheses of why this is happening, and I would like to test which is correct:

• Chrome suspends tabs if the computer is low on memory. It could be that Astiga is suspended as well.
  • Some add-on blocks background requests for audio to play (as a lot of ad banners have abused that to play annoying audio ads), and only works if you click the song, as it is user-initiated.
  • There is some race condition, where the song loads, and is then paused again.

Comments

• KoenKoen Member, Former

For one person it was an add-on - so please check that as well.