Planned maintenance 2021-04-08

KoenKoen Member, Former

The servers for Astiga will be upgraded tomorrow (2021-04-08). This will probably cause around one hour of downtime.

During this process, the server will be moved from DigitalOcean to Hetzner. This means that the IP address of the server changes as well. In case you manually whitelisted the IP addresses for Astiga, you will need to add the following addresses:

157.90.157.140 | 2a01:4f8:c010:520e::/64

And remove these:

188.166.0.233 | 2a03:b0c0:2:d0::647:e001

The reason for moving the server from DigitalOcean to Hetzner is mainly a monetary one - Hetzner is around a quarter of the cost, and has in the last three years gained all the functionality I seek from a cloud platform for Astiga. This keeps the cost low for me, and also for you. The synchronisation server has run on Hetzner already for the past year without any noticeable issues. This move puts them in the same datacentre, thus speeding up the synchronisation process as well.

Comments

• cchcch Member

Thank you Koen for continuously improving Astiga! Your passion is well appreciated

• KoenKoen Member, Former

It's a pleasure :-)

The upgrade is now done, and you probably notice very little difference (might be a tad faster). The server now runs Ubuntu 20.04 instead of 18.04. Additionally, I noticed an issue with the podcasts that should now be resolved.