Local files

Am I missing a way to play files that are stored on my phone? I have a big SD card in addition to my.cloud storage and was hoping this could do both but I can't seem to find a setting for it.

Comments

• KoenKoen Member, Former

There is no way to play local files. The reason is quite simple: imagine you are playing some local file on your phone, and you would later continue on your computer. As the now playing list is synced, your local file would show up on your computer as well, although it would not be able to play it, as it is not on your computer.

• Oh I don't care about being synced with a computer. There should be an option to not care about that and just use single device playback. Who uses computers to listen to music anymore? I guess it's back to Cloudplayer unfortunately. Thanks for the answer at least.

• KoenKoen Member, Former

Feel free to substitute "computer" with tablet, second phone, smart TV, etc. As for who uses a computer to play audio: more than you'd think - that's what Astiga originally was, the app was only introduced later :-) That said, if you are just looking for an app to play your local and cloud music, then Astiga is probably not what you are looking for, as it is aims to be a music streaming service for your own music library, for which syncing between your devices is quite important.