Is there a FAQ/sticky topic for Astiga setup/operation basics, esp. for use w/Google home devices?

I apologize if I've missed a "help" section or FAQ/sticky thread regarding setup and use of Astiga, but I can't seem to find anything on the main site or here in the community forum. I'm especially interested in being able to use Google home devices to request playback of specific albums/tracks from my music collection. I've tried uploading a few album folders to Google Drive and Dropbox. I first configured Astiga for Drive and successfully synched the few folders, which were available for playback w/art through the Astiga page. I couldn't find any documentation on the syntax to use with Google devices, but found a community post that mentioned "ask Astiga to play..." so I tried that with track and/or artist name, but my Google device always reported that Astiga was "no longer available". Then I tried switching my storage settings to Dropbox, and successfully synched and could play tracks w/art at Astiga, but when I tried my Google device and said "ask Astiga to play ..." it responded "O.K. - here's a Youtube music channel based on...".

So, are there specific steps that I may be missing to configure Astiga to work with my Google devices? Is there something to configure other than Astiga, like something in Google home setup? Are the Astiga/playback related commands for Google devices listed somewhere?

Again, I'm sorry if all of this is covered somewhere in a basic setup guide/FAQ/sticky forum threads, but I couldn't find anything at all. If there isn't a basic help/setup/FAQ web site section or community forum sticky topics, then I believe it would be very helpful to add them.

Thank you all for any help you might be able to provide.

Answers

• gravelldgravelld Administrator

Yes @John , this isn't working at the moment due to the transfer of ownership of Astiga, we have had to resubmit our Google Home integration to Google.

Unfortunately, Google are currently refusing the submission because, of all things, we use the word "Astiga" as the display name for our action. According to them, one word brands are not permitted, unless we get whitelisted or prove ownership in some way. We need to prove to them that we own the brand, and this is what we're doing right now (I only just replied in an email to them).

Sorry about the inconvenience.

I think all your setup should "just work". I think we need to build up some more basic setup guides, as you suggest.

• JohnJohn Member

Thanks for the quick reply and thanks for creating a thread with updates. I'll follow that thread for the latest information. I did happen to read the change of ownership thread, and I hope you do well with Astiga. It's a GREAT idea and fills a big hole left by the online music services.

@John 👍️