Playlist management (+ Playback queue)

Right now, Astiga's playlist system sort of acts like a snapshot of a playback queue, which can be sometimes confusing.

It'd be great to have a more polished playlist feature:

• playlist pages you can display (similar to an album page), with access to the whole playlist
  • the ability to add a song to any given playlist(s) without having to load the playlist first
  • …and the ability to export playlists?

Incidentally, replacing the current queue/playlist/album preview with an actual playback queue would be great. So that when you're listening to a playlist or an album with "Shuffle on", you'd see the queue in the shuffled order.

Comments

• gravelldgravelld Administrator

playlist pages you can display (similar to an album page), with access to the whole playlist

Do you use the app? This has a page for each playlist that lists the tracks - is that what you mean?

and the ability to export playlists?

@geek4hire625 just posted https://community.asti.ga/discussion/477/export-data#latest

Incidentally, replacing the current queue/playlist/album preview with an actual playback queue would be great. So that when you're listening to a playlist or an album with "Shuffle on", you'd see the queue in the shuffled order.

Do you mean the displayed queue should show the tracks faithfully in the order they will be played, rather than skipping around? If not, can you send a screenshot of what you mean?

• aaapnbcaaapnbc Member

I use the web version, it's easier as I move from OS to OS, but I'll check out the app!

Yes this is what I meant regarding the queue! It would give more direct control over the couple of next tracks that will be played. However it doesn't really make sense in the current context of Astiga if there's not a separate system to edit and organize playlists, it would only create confusion since both features (playlist & queue) use the same UI at the moment.

• gravelldgravelld Administrator

Thanks 👍️