"We're trying to download a file, but it's taking a long time. We're still working on it..."

I get this message, I think, every time I log into Astiga on web.

It doesn't seem to cause any issues though the "Songs" page takes ages to load/locks up and that could be related?

I'm on Chrome 116.0.5845.140 and macOS 13.5.1 but not sure that is pertinent.

Comments

• gravelldgravelld Administrator

I think they are probably separate problems.

Normally, if you see an error when first loading the web app it's because a track in the play queue couldn't be found, or there was some issue downloading it. Could you check the play queue (if there is one), clicking each file and playing each one to see if they do play?

• OK this is did not happen when I logged in today and I can't remember what I had in the play queue yesterday morning, next time it happens I will run that check.

Maybe it didn't change - maybe there was a temporary problem with the connection to your storage. Thanks - let me know if it changes.

• This happened again and I went through the play queue but everything played OK.

The play queue was one "imported" from the Android app that I had created last night but which had demonstrated this behaviour:

https://community.asti.ga/discussion/413/strange-playlist-behaviour-in-android-app

i.e. I was playing an album and asked the app to cache two others (not add to play queue) and then it starting adding multiple copies of each album to the play queue.

If it's not happening consistently then most likely it's an issue when Astiga connects to your storage to retrieve the data. Which storage provider are you using?

• Google Drive

Is it happening consistently?

• Like once a week maybe, it don't really notice, it doesn't seem to have any impact once I dismiss it.

I will try to track better.

Ok, thanks.

• ruffinruffin Member
    edited September 2023

It happens for me too most any time I open the browser and Astiga was in an open window during my last session and was restored -- as recently as this morning.

You mean your browser session ? Are a lot of tabs opening at that time? Trying to work out if the problem is server side, client side or what. Does the error persist?

• I've been getting this message this past week as well.

@chvad Do you see it in a consistent place? Just when you load the UI?

• Bottom right hand corner whenever trying to play a file. today im getting 502 bad gateway

• Same as chvad in bottom right corner.

I have a lot of tabs open across three chrome windows, I pop Astiga out as a Chrome shortcut/app

• Im using firefox btw... 8 tabs open max

@chvad Can you give me an example file you tried to play? I think I can see the error in the logs, but there's no contextual information and the actual underlying error isn't there. I'll try to replicate from that. Send an email if you'd rather - info@asti.ga .

@neasan Did it happen to you today? I don't think I can see anything for your storage account in the logs.

• Just an update... this seems to only be happening on my Apple, not my Windows comp. I'll report back tomorrow regarding tracks!

Thanks. Are both computers on the same network? Any reason the Apple should be any slower - is it an older machine? Client issues are the last thing I would expect in this case.

• Not sure about yesterday but dd see it this morning.