Folder based semi dynamic playlist

As I continue to familiarize myself with Astiga, I cannot seem to find a way to create a folder-based playlist. That is something that updates periodically. For example, if you could select a folder on your cloud drive to be a playlist and that folder could be scanned every X hours for new files you could end up with a dynamic playlist. This would only require that certain folders be scanned from time to time. Perhaps a Premium feature.

For me, I am always adding podcasts to my cloud drive. To be able to have the playlist automatically update would be tremendous. To have the option to mark podcast files as PLAYED would also be useful.

Comments

• gravelldgravelld Administrator

So I understand - why not simply press play on the folder? Does using a playlist give you something else?

• Convenience. You know how it is, some things you just want to work without thinking about them.

I also suppose a playlist is more accessible than navigating through the folder hierarchy? Is this one thing you mean by convenience?

• Yes, it's all about convenience. If you can make some of my pain points go away or make something easy that adds value to PREMIUM. For example, adding authentication to podcasts. Or, creating dynamic playlists based on a folder on your cloud drive. "Little" things like this add HUGE value.

It would be nice if you started publishing a preliminary list of what we might see in the updated version of premium. A tentative road map.

You haven't made any updates that I am aware of and I am pretty happy with the solution of Astiga/web and DSUB/Booksonic. I don't really see much additional value in premium right now for the reasons that Koen stated in one of his posts (free is too generous), but I am going to support the product in hopes that new features will build in convenience and eliminate some of my pain points.

Thanks, your support is appreciated.

Currently we're doing a lot of groundwork - making the infrastructure more codified, making sure we can understand who is using the product, and why, before we make any decisions.