Strange Playlist Behaviour In Android App
Trying to give as much detail as possible.
- At 13:45 today I pressed play on a non-cached, 12 song, album (Kenievel Is Evil by Throat) on the android app
- I then went back to the album pressed the three dots menu and chose "Cache"
- Playback took maybe 30 seconds, but probably because I was crossing Waterloo bridge and my network usually disappears at this point
- Playback started fine but with maybe 10 seconds to go on the first track it skipped to the second song (this happens quite a bit, that first song is chopped off early)
- I went into the app and restarted track 1 and skipped to the point it cut out, at this point the playlist was the normal length i.e. 12 songs and continued playing
- Then because I had noticed this before and was trying to replicate it I looked at the playlist at 13:55 and it had grown to 132 songs i.e. the album repeated 11 times
- However the first play through was only 11 songs with all other being all 12 songs and then the 12th track from the first play through tacked on at the end
- I had noticed this first on 13 November morning (started listening at 10:30 or so) when I did similar with the new Mastodon album (Hushed and Grim) but thought I had done something weird
- Then last night again I added the new Maybeshewill record (No Feeling Is Fine) at about 19:15, cached it and when I looked the playlist at some point later it was more than one copy of the album
- That is why I did the test run today, will try and do one later with a cached album to see if it happens again.
I am running running version 1.5.9 of the app on a OnePlus 5 running OxyegnOS 10.0.1 (Android 10)